Roses For Autism is a social enterprise that fosters the thoughtful transition of individuals with Autism to meaningful employment and personal success.
Through the Discover Learn Work career training service, individuals discover their unique strengths, learn the necessary technical skills and social competence, and gain valued work experience at the dynamic Roses For Autism business so that they can obtain employment and be successful in their chosen careers!
We are located in Guilford, Plainville, and Danbury, CT.
The Need for Roses for Autism
A recent study by Harvard University demonstrates that each child in the U.S. diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) - 1 in 88 American children - will cost society about $3.2 million in medical and non-medical costs over his or her lifetime. Through RFA, participants are becoming taxpayers who have a clear economic impact on their families and society as a whole. More importantly, these individuals are becoming more self-supporting and maximizing their quality of life.
While our high-quality product - Pinchbeck flowers - continues to delight locals and nationwide customers alike, we also offer training and assessment services to adults with ASD on our premises, both inside and outside our floral operation. This affirmative experience prepares our students, participants, and contingent workers to find meaningful work that is well-suited to their unique skills and interests.
To grow independence in the business world through a replicable autism training and employment program integrated into a successful, sustainable rose business that will serve as a flagship for this program.
To demonstrate a replicable working model for inclusive transitional employment for adults on the autism spectrum.
- Respect: We respect and honor the individual needs and choices of people we serve.
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves with utmost ethical integrity, ensuring that our actions follow our word.
- Customer Service: We provide exceptional customer service in order to meet or exceed the expectations of both our internal and external customers.
- Personal and Professional Development: We support and encourage continual personal and professional development.
- Collaboration: We actively listen, communicate openly, respect the views of others, and encourage employees and participants at all levels to be engaged by expressing their thoughts and ideas.